Please follow the directions below to submit your renewal application. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
2. Click on Renew Your Alcohol Tax License from the Main Menu.
3. Click on the license number which corresponds to the license that needs to be renewed.
4. Review the name, address and contact information for accuracy purposes, and answer the required questions.
5. Complete the legal description for your business location.
· This information may be obtained from your city finance officer or county auditor if you are unsure. Typing your physical address here or the words ON FILE, will not be accepted. Failure to enter this information will cause your application to be cancelled.
· Alcohol licenses may not be renewed if you have any alcohol, property, or sales tax balances due. Failure to provide honest and/or accurate information on your application may be grounds for cancellation/revocation of your licenses as well.
6. Click the NEXT button.
7. Make your payment.
8. Confirm your renewal and sign your application by typing in your password for EPath one more time. By signing this application you agree that you understand and agree to everything under SDCL Title 35 as well as SDAR 64:75.
1. Type SD.Gov/TaxApp in your browser or Click Here to visit our online tax application website.
2. Click on the first option which says “To start a new application, or renew, without creating an account, click here.”
3. In the drop down arrow box select your ownership type (Corp, LLC, Sole Propietor).
4. Select the plus sign next to the option that says “Apply for State Alcohol License”.
5. Select the box next to “Renew your alcohol license” ONLY.
6. Click the NEXT button.
7. You should now be asked to enter your license number. This can be located on your current license card.
8. Select Continue.
9. Enter your owner and business information in the remaining fields, submit, and continue to payment screens.
10. Applications submitted without a payment will be cancelled automatically and you will need to reapply.
11. By signing this application you agree that you understand and agree to everything under SDCL Title 35 as well as SDAR 64:75.
*Your current license will automatically expire on December 30. Should this occur, you will no longer be able to renew it; you will be required to reapply for a new license.
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by the Department. Once approved, you will receive an email confirmation.
*Your current license will automatically expire on December 30. Should this occur, you will no longer be able to use EPath to renew it; you will be required to reapply for a new license through the following website.