California ABC: No infusions for you!

January 18, 2018

The California ABC released an advisory yesterday that outlines some basic answers to questions about cannabis for licensees that sell beverage alcohol products. The advisory, titled “Cannabis and Alcoholic Beverages”, uses a Frequently Asked Questions format to answer questions about what’s permissible for alcohol licensees now that California’s new cannabis law (the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act, or “MAUCRSA”) is in effect.
Here’s a quick summary of the main points from the advisory:
  • Individuals can hold alcoholic beverage licenses with the ABC and cannabis licenses with the Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) simultaneously
  • However, cannabis and alcohol can not be sold at the same location
  • Cannabis can not be consumed at restaurants and bars
  • Beverage alcohol products can not be infused or mixed with cannabis

more info
more info
more info

more info